Search Committee Minutes and Announcements
APRIL 13, 2021
The Permanent Minister Search Committee held in-person meetings with Rev. David Upchurch, Director of Church Ministries for Lincoln Christian College on April 6th, and with Rev. Teresa Dulyea-Parker, Regional Minister and President of CCIW on April 7th. Both were very helpful in sharing their extensive experiences with ministerial searches, and both offered suggestions on the dos and don’ts of an effective search process. Both have promised to provide potential candidates to us for our review, and Rev. Upchurch has already begun doing so. Rev. Parker will return in the future with CCIW candidates for us to review.
At the April 13th meeting, business centered around preparing for the search and consisted of the following:
- Reviewing and discussing meetings with Revs. Upchurch and Parker
- Discussing ways to involve the congregation in the search process especially with regard to prayer.
- Reviewing and editing our CCIW Congregational Profile.
- Reviewing and editing the job description
- Discussing ways to promote our church and community to potential candidates.
- Scheduled in-person meeting with Rev. Rick Grace, Church Liaison for Disciple Heritage Fellowship.
The Search Committee is dedicated to listening and praying for God’s plan for FCC, seeking the expertise of those who have many years of experience with permanent minister searches, and giving preference to candidates who are known and vouched for by reputable sources.
THE SEARCH COMMITTEE NEEDS YOUR HELP IN TWO WAYS:
- Share your thoughts by dropping a note in the suggestion box, leaving a note in the offering baskets, or calling/texting any search committee member.
- PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!! We are asking everyone in our congregation to join us in praying DAILY at 7:07 a.m., 7:07 p.m., or better yet – BOTH. 7:07 reminds us of Matthew 7:7, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Remember that what we are asking for and seeking is God’s will for FCC. Prayer makes a difference!
MARCH 19, 2021: FCC PERMANENT MINISTER SEARCH COMMITTEE MEETING
The Search Committee held its organizational meeting on Friday, March 19th. The following business was conducted:
- The Committee opened in prayer, and committed to spending time each day in silent prayer focused on listening for God’s plan for FCC. The congregation is asked to join us in this focus.
- Decided to meet weekly, at least until the search has been organized and is well underway.
- Decided that five of seven members will be required for quorum. Five votes will be required for general business; seven votes/unanimity will be required for candidate advancement.
- Scheduled in-person meetings with Rev. Teresa Dulyea-Parker, CCIW Regional Minister, and Rev. David Upchurch, Director of Church Ministries for Lincoln Christian College.
- Decided to keep the congregation up-to-date on general business after each meeting via the church website, and on specific business/important updates via congregational announcements. Will ask to have website updates published in the Messenger when possible.
We ask the congregation to be in prayer DAILY for our search and time in silent prayer listening for God’s plan for our congregation. We would appreciate receiving input/suggestions/concerns/preferences from the congregation in any of the following ways:
- Drop a card in the lobby suggestion box
- Leave a note in the offering baskets in the sanctuary, or in offering plates when that resumes.
- Call or text any search committee member below:
- Nels Kasey 217-254-8705
- Candi Milam 217-822-9838
- Donna Moss 217-822-4041
- Troy Sanders 217-251-4300
- Daniel Smittkamp 217-822-6328
- Pete Templeton 217-822-0798
- Steve Webb 217-822-3351