About First Christian Church
Whether it’s action you want or information you seek, you can find it at First Christian Church. This website will give you an overview of the ministry and various services/groups within the church. It is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather a wide angle view of our life and work together.
First Christian Church is a part of Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) that was begun in North America. With almost a million members, the Disciples are generally characterized by the following:
- The unifying and foundational issue of Jesus
- Weekly communion for all believers
- Baptism by immersion for believers
- Freedom of thought and interpretation
- All Christians are ministers
- Christian unity
- Congregational autonomy
You are invited to:
- Ask about First Christian Church
- Visit and see First Christian Church for yourself
- Join with us in the family and journey of First Christian Church …
How do I become a Christian and member at First Christian Church: Come forward at the invitation time-
What must I do to be saved?
- Hear the Gospel (Romans 10:14-17) – 14 But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? 15 And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!” 16 But not everyone welcomes the Good News, for Isaiah the prophet said, “LORD, who has believed our message?” 17So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.
- Believe that Jesus is God’s Son (Mark 16:16) – 16 Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned.
- Repent of Sins (Acts 17:30) – 30 “God overlooked people’s ignorance about these things in earlier times, but now he commands everyone everywhere to repent of their sins and turn to him.
- Confess Jesus as Lord (Matthew 10:32-33) – 32 “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.
- Baptism into Christ by Immersion (Acts 2:28, Mark 16:16, 1 Peter 3:21) – 38 Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 21 And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response to God from a clean conscience. It is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
If you are looking to become a member from another church body, come forward at the invitation time:
If you have been baptized (by immersion or sprinkling) you have to come forward and give your confession of faith in front of the congregation to become a member of First Christian Church.
If you want to rededicate your life to Christ: Come forward at the invitation time to recommit your faith and walk to God.
If you want pray for something in your life: Come forward at the invitation time to ask for prayer.
Feel free to contact us with your questions or thoughts.
The mission statement of First Christian Church is to grow disciples who are:
“Believing in Christ,
“The vision of this church is to lead people to faith and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian Life, to serve the community and world in which we live, and to work as one with all other Christians to bring about the Kingdom of God.”