FCC Member Scholarships
There are five scholarships available ONLY to members of the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Paris Illinois, but only one application form (see below). By completing the one application, you will be considered for each of the five scholarships. Each applicant is eligible for no more than one award. Scholarship monies will be sent directly to the learning institution.
- A member of the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Paris Illinois.
- A graduating senior, current college student or a resident of the Paris community.
- Can be male or female to apply for any of the five scholarships.
- Attending a recognized institution of high learning.
Basis of Awards
- Information in the Application.
- References by two individuals.
- Involvement in the life of the First Christian Church congregation.
Scholarship and Amounts
- Harold & Faye Jump Memorial Scholarship – $750
- John Z. & Ruth W. Frazier Scholarship – $500
- Bill Kerrick Memorial Scholarship – $500
- Disciples Men Scholarship – $500
- Joe & Nila Hasler Scholarship – $500
The First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Paris Illinois will need to receive a completed application form AND two letters of recommendation by April 15th, as outlined below:
- Download a PDF copy of the application and recommendation form by clicking HERE.
- Print the application, complete the application and return it to the First Christian Church by the deadline (see address below). INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will not be considered.
- Secure two individuals to write letters of recommendation and submit the two completed Letter of Recommendation Forms to the First Christian Church (see address below) in hard copy form by the deadline. Applications without two letters of recommendation will not be considered.
Online submissions have been suspended this year. All applications must be submitted as a hard copy.
The Scholarship Committee
First Christian Church
201 South Main Street
Paris, IL 61944
Please feel free to contact the church office or any member of the Memorial/Scholarship Committee if you have any questions.